Women and men today continue to seek ways to remove facial wrinkles and to give their complexions a look that radiates health, vibrancy, beauty, and care. In ancient times, youthful skin came about from herbal formulas.
Then when we reached the synthetic age with its top advertising, nature got left behind. Today, it’s the chemical laboratories and the cosmetic surgeons that are keeping the world ‘forever young’. Who doesn’t want skin that looks 25 when you are 45, right? But it’s a bit unfortunate that many of the commercial creams of today that promise glowing complexions contain irritants that do more harm than good. They equate to adverse effects to the skin like drying, swelling, itchiness, and rashes. One of the reasons you should always do a sample test on your skin before applying all over.
Fortunately, there are a few skin experts who still look to nature for better ingredients that can hold back the clock, naturally.
And this is their number one secret…
Stay out the sun – it’s that simple!
The sun is powerful and not friendly to people who want youthful skin because it can drain the skin of natural oils and moisture from the body, hastening the skin-aging process. Overexposure to the sun’s rays explains the dry leathery faces of many farmers and those who perform outdoor jobs and others who bask on beaches, ‘soaking’ up the sun. Between the hours of 11AM – 3PM, the sun produces burning infrared rays which cause a breakdown in the body’s tissues. And thanks to a combination of genetics and lifestyle, you can even be at risk of cancer.
- Try and do outdoor activities before and after hottest sun hours. It is important to select a powerful sunscreen with powerful SPF to protect your skin against UV radiation. It will need to be reapplied every 1-2 hours, especially if you sweat a lot in the sun or do a lot of swimming.
- Never go out into the sun for extended periods of time without a hat, even when wearing sunscreen. It certainly helps to reduce the signs of aging. Avoid hats that have a wide weave or holes in them like the straw types because these let in the sunlight. If its wintertime, which can make skin dry and wrinkled, a light scarf worn across your face in winter also protects the skin.
- Don’t forget your shades, choosing ones that offer 100% UV protection for protection against very harmful sun rays. The wrap-around ones or oversized ones give that extra protection to protect the sensitive areas around the eyes. Get shades with polarized lenses because they reduce the glare, and therefore fatigue and eye-strain on the eyes which can be so aging.
- Exercise counts, big time because it increases circulation in your body which removes toxic waste from your system, increasing the nutrients and giving you a healthy glow.
- You need to quit smoking, because being exposed to cigarette smoke speeds up the natural aging process big time, causing premature skin damage and aging.
Apart from the above, moisturize your skin daily, exfoliate it once a week, apply anti-aging creams, drink plenty of water and eat skin-friendly foods that keep your skin hydrated and elastic, take a supplement packed with antioxidants, get plenty of good natural sleep and change your lifestyle to create healthier skin.
You are never too young to care about healthy skin. Start today so your future self can thank you!
Leave your comments or questions!
Have a skin care tip that helps you? Tell me about it!